Here's the summary of events.
The encounter began with a glimpse.
Casted by the guy, blown away by the wind.
Months passed without words or sights.
First there was just a sentence offered by the girl.
And next came the guy's request.
Then there was that first ring that multiplied into uncountable minutes.
Months existed before the first meeting.
A time of thanksgiving indeed as it spread over days.
Upon separation, intensity built up; cultivating an increase in prayers and godly counsels.
There were nothing hidden beneath the dawning of a new relationship.
Characters, hopes, desires, hurts, and ambitions discussed without prohibition.
Instances of emotions hindered the flow, but as rocks in the path of a flowing river.
The peace of God was assuring yet faith need to be applied.
The support of the counsels was comforting yet initiative has to be taken.
Months existed before the second meeting.
In an embrace, I asked...
With a smile, she said...
The encounter began with a glimpse.
Casted by the guy, blown away by the wind.
Months passed without words or sights.
First there was just a sentence offered by the girl.
And next came the guy's request.
Then there was that first ring that multiplied into uncountable minutes.
Months existed before the first meeting.
A time of thanksgiving indeed as it spread over days.
Upon separation, intensity built up; cultivating an increase in prayers and godly counsels.
There were nothing hidden beneath the dawning of a new relationship.
Characters, hopes, desires, hurts, and ambitions discussed without prohibition.
Instances of emotions hindered the flow, but as rocks in the path of a flowing river.
The peace of God was assuring yet faith need to be applied.
The support of the counsels was comforting yet initiative has to be taken.
Months existed before the second meeting.
In an embrace, I asked...
With a smile, she said...
I would be lying if I said that everything has been as calm as the sunset. But with God's strength, there is the promise of a new day after dark nights. I have learned that differences and disagreements have to co-exist with similarities and complements. Being in a relationship, it is a commitment to commit. However, God determines the timing and the path where we can walk upon. Without His directions, couples often get lost and walk separate ways. It is true that one should not venture into a relationship if it is not geared towards marriage, but it is more true that God is the one who decides. When we think that we are in control, we tend to go in a different direction than God's. Yes, it is so tough to be in a right relationship that often it is more comfortable to be single. But what worth is there if no price is paid? What scares me the most sometimes is how easily we are to justify our situations because of the power of love or could it be the power of foolishness? Solution - Stay close to God and be accountable to a godly couple. It's tough but it's even tougher when you are lost.
The most common question I get is 'What do you like about her?'. This question seems to stretch deeper than its obvious intent. My answers literally determine the validity of my decision. To put it simply - everything. To put it righteously - God allowed it. To put it casually - We click. To put it filially - She's Chinese. To put it socially - It is time. To put it usefully - I can silence my nagging relatives. To put it effectively - Two is better than one. To put it satiably - She cooks wonderfully. To put it patriotically - She's Malaysian. To put it religiously - She loves God. To put it selfishly - I can exercise my chauvinism. To put it biblically - I can know more about God through her. To put it honestly - I can't ask for better. To put it physically - She's slim. To put it emotionally - I need her. This can go on forever but the person I have to convince the most is her, so these should be sufficient for the readers.
It has been three years since I last venture into a relationship. My fears include past guilts and hurts. A relationship is not the answer or solution to my fears. I believe that it is when I've learned how to trust God with every aspect of my life and to surrender my fears to His perfect love that I am allowed to be in a relationship with Ashley now. I would love to be in control and plan things foolishly as it is within my nature to go around in circles, but please pray for me and my relationship with Ashley - that it may stay within God's path of life.


The most common question I get is 'What do you like about her?'. This question seems to stretch deeper than its obvious intent. My answers literally determine the validity of my decision. To put it simply - everything. To put it righteously - God allowed it. To put it casually - We click. To put it filially - She's Chinese. To put it socially - It is time. To put it usefully - I can silence my nagging relatives. To put it effectively - Two is better than one. To put it satiably - She cooks wonderfully. To put it patriotically - She's Malaysian. To put it religiously - She loves God. To put it selfishly - I can exercise my chauvinism. To put it biblically - I can know more about God through her. To put it honestly - I can't ask for better. To put it physically - She's slim. To put it emotionally - I need her. This can go on forever but the person I have to convince the most is her, so these should be sufficient for the readers.
It has been three years since I last venture into a relationship. My fears include past guilts and hurts. A relationship is not the answer or solution to my fears. I believe that it is when I've learned how to trust God with every aspect of my life and to surrender my fears to His perfect love that I am allowed to be in a relationship with Ashley now. I would love to be in control and plan things foolishly as it is within my nature to go around in circles, but please pray for me and my relationship with Ashley - that it may stay within God's path of life.


Lord, may Your Will be done in us.


5 comments:
FINALLY Chaps...
you have my fullest support & prayers
=)
Wow Kor! Congratulation!
I pray that both of you will continue the walk together in future, to decide thgs together and work together towards a good marriage.
I support u all the way! :)
Indeed, a beautiful sis-in-law... :)
Mui, I said pray... not for you to proclaim so soon. And also, it's a relationship, not a marriage yet.
Thanks =)
Ooowww... how sweet & creative of you :P (with the help of the pc) :P
Prayer and blessings to the both of you, bro.
Wow, such beautiful words can only come from Victor Meow. You have my greatest blessing (and you know that because I rarely bless anyway except when someone sneezes :P).
Enough of crap, you two are such a cute pair! And I know it the same way I guessed correctly who it was when you first told me the big news!
Post a Comment