Sunday, February 26, 2006

Email to my form-mates of St. Andrew's School.

I guess back 11 years ago, 12 years for those of us who left early, 'a blink of an eye' may seem to be over-rated and undermining to describe how far we have come. For most of us, there are definitely more to come and much more to accomplish. For those who have left us, it is beyond sadness.

Being back in Brunei this time around has become rather nostalgic. I could barely remember the names of the roads and took longer than usual to get to the common spots. Nothing much has changed. It's still Brunei, never-changing. At least I did not forget where St. Andrew's School is. Walking by the steps where we once ran just to make it in time for assembly, climbing up the stairs and down the spiral column where we dreadfully strained our youthfulness, and passing by the classes where we bathed in forgotten knowledge and unforgettable mischief, it was a good life. Our playful minds can only encompassed the future to the extent of finishing our tertiary studies, marriage and work were kept in the corner being suppressed by our optimistic views of life. Of course we took the time to dwell in our need for relationships, the joys and the hurts co-existed. As I looked around the walls of buildings where I spend five days a week at(I actually forgot that we had no classes on Fri), what were missing besides every single teacher that taught us(except Ms. Ong, still Ms.), is us. We left with so much life and breath to give for this tiny world that we have perceived in our imagination.

This world is definitely not as small as we had imagined. It introduced time and distance to us.

2005 was supposed to be our 10 years reunion. I believe all of us knew why our childish promised was not fulfilled. It's a memorable innocence. It's an impossibility as well. We were once full of faith and never carried any doubts. However, I don't believe that a reunion will not happen. It is just a matter of time and technology. Where there's a will, there will be a way. You will be informed in future =)

Those who I failed to catch up with, stay alive pls...

Let's keep in touch,
Vick

No comments: